Wednesday, August 27, 2008

VBS


Alex went to three vacation bible schools this summer. Not all VBSs are created equal.

VBS #1, I just loved. It was well organized with simple messages of love, and the volunteers were super friendly.

There were a few ladies at VBS #2 who reminded me of why I didn't like Jr. High. Love was not spoken there.

The VBS #3 was FUN. I admit it. The music was great, the costumes were amazing, and the location was incredible. During the week, though, it dawned on me that it most cost millions and millions to run a church like this.
I would have rather they have ditched the pomp and circumstance to feed the needy or clothe the poor. I think that would have been a better lesson for our kids.

Which one do you think we will be going back to next year?

We should live the gospel, not just talk about it. It will help us keep our priorities in order as we walk through a flashy and selfish world. If we can clear away the clutter, we will be able to enjoy the things that are simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment