Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Father's Day


I got my dates mixed up, but thankful so did Don! We were working hard all day because we had just moved into the new house. I had gone to the grocery store and made several Lowes trips that day. It was on last Lowes trip, around 5pm, that the cashier ask me if I was buying for Father's Day. I told her, "No. I am a ahead of the game this year. I have already done my shopping, and I have whole week to spare!" Her response, "Thank you, Mrs. Haney, and by the way, today is Father's Day." Oh CRAP!?!?!
Thank goodness, at the grocery store earlier that day, I had bought Don's favorite meal, just because, and I had wrapped his gift the night before. Now, all I had to do was run by the grocery store (again), grab a desert and beg for forgiveness.
I rushed through the grocery with purpose and came busting through the front door of our home, frozen cheesecake in hand, shouting, "Don! It's Father's Day! I got my days mixed up. I am so sorry!" He simply said, "Oh, it is? I forgot, too."
We agreed to stop working and start grilling. All is well. What a nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment