Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Service=Love


We moved in to the house on the first day of Summer. Don left to go out of town for work 2 days later. After a few day of trying to unpack and deal with 3 kids alone. I was frustrated and tired. Don's office was the dumping ground for the move. Everything that didn't have a place went in there.
One night as I was trying to unpack and fuming about his absence, I decided to unpack his office. I would reluctantly take the advise of many. Service is a form of love. So, I worked for hours straightening this room.
It worked. I was so full of love by the end of it that I was looking for somethings else I could do to make his homecoming more joyful.
Lesson learned: If you are feeling sorry for yourself. Do something for someone else.

P.S. He didn't even notice the office when he came home. He has so many books in boxes that need to stay in boxes till' we have shelves built that it still looked quite a mess, but that's OK. I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment