Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No Rush?


These past two days have been full, but not rushed. I am not sure how to handle this slow down. I can actually sit down, read a page in my book or watch a cartoon with my kids. Crazy, I know!
I have been under so much pressure for so long that I have had to learn to constantly multi-task.
I had to watch the kids and cook dinner. I had to sing (with hand motions) while folding laundry. I had to break up fights while washing dishes. I had to make sure no one wondered away while reading labels in the grocery store. I had to schedule in play time and make phone calls on the way. I had read with the kids and make my schedule for the next day during picture breaks.
I didn't even know how much pressure I was under until now.
Get this, we went to the park yesterday simply because we didn't have anything more productive to do!
Isn't this great!?!?!?!

5 comments:

  1. Aren't those days weird? I love it when they sneak up on me. I actually had one myself yesterday afternoon. It was really nice to catch up on housework and have the time to play ball with the boys without having to rush through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough to make you rethink work??? Enjoy the days! I'm jealous - really, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rethink work...no. I am only working 15 or so hours a week, and I still get Tues and Friday off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The park just because! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to the park this week too - I know JUST how you feel! Going from three kids at home to two is a HUGE difference. I actually have a little energy now.

    ReplyDelete