Monday, August 27, 2007

Alex's 1st Day of Kindergarden


I remember when Alex was 3, and Kindergarten couldn't come fast enough!
Well, here it is...the big day.
Alex was excited, but not overly so. I was happy for him, but not very emotional. He's a big boy. No tears on either side, until morning prayer. I said a little prayer to follow up Cole's thanks for "Hot Wheels" and "Cool movies." To my surprise, as I prayed for protection over my big Kindergartner, I teared up a little. I am just so very proud of Alex. He is a great kid with a sweet heart. I can't wait to see who he becomes.

6 comments:

  1. That is great - he looks so ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up fast! I'm sure he'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special time this is for both of you. He seems like a very mature little man! My first grader cried when I dropped him off today but I don't think I'll ever get that reaction from my younger one when these days come for him. Isn't it funny how different each child is and how you just "know" which one is more ready for certain things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so surprised when I teared up on the first day of Kyle and Jordan's kindergarten. It was more emotional than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a step - we're all right there with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tearing up reading this. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete