Friday, April 27, 2007

Don's Job


I don't like Don's job today! They are making me so angry. They told him, although he is great at his job, he needs to try harder (AKA: work more). 80+ hours a week isn't enough!?!?!? They want him to, admittedly, do the work of at least 2 people. What happened to this work-life balance they preached when he first joined BCG?
I put my foot down today. 80 hours a week is enough. If they want more...start looking for a new job.
Not only has Don sacrificed for this job, so have I. I am not willing to give up any more of my Husband and my kid's Father for money! (Of course, their health plan is increadable...I would miss that.)
There, I said it...I feel a little better.
See, Audra, we all have grumpy days during which we need to vent!

Funny thing: BCG ranked #8 on Fortune's 100 Best Companies for in 2007!
Here is a little secret about BCG...they don't report all the hours they work. The client gets way more BCG time than they originally bought. This is part of the reason why BCG looks as if they uphold their work-life balance theory.
Also, BCG has an "up or out" policy. If you stay, you WILL BE promoted, but they will "encourage you to explore other options if you are not a good fit (killing yourself) to be promoted." No wonder they have such a great "promotes from within" reputation.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you vented also! I would be mad too. Having dad around is a whole lot better than making more money.

    ReplyDelete