Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A Rodeo Day


A few School Moms and I went shopping at the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo this morning. I felt right at home in the mist of all the cowboy gear. Growing up we had cows and tractors in our yard. I never thought anything about it. After touring the shopping area, I realized just how “country" I was.
I remembered why you should NOT buy one of those plates for a belt buckle (those must be earned, not bought), straw hats are for summer (don't even think about buying the shiny plastic looking ones), and real cowgirls don't wear rhinestones or frilly dresses (just jeans, boots and hats).
One of the Mom's I went with is actually helping out with the rodeo this year. She had A LOT of useful information. She showed us where to go and where not to bother. She showed us how to find the good food. She even gave us tips on what time to get there and what time to bolt. Very informative.
This thing is HUGE...the biggest Live Stock Show and Rodeo in the world. It was really nice to go during the day and get the lay of the land. There was hardly anyone there. I think I will bring Alex tomorrow during the day instead of braving the nighttime crowds.
Whether you are a seasoned cowpoke or a cultured city slicker, this event is one that shouldn't be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment