Monday, March 12, 2007

The Temple


For the past year I have been wondering why the Temple is so important to LDS people. Today, after some prompting to just go to the grounds and be still, I went. When I first arrived, I thought, "well, that's pretty, but it is just a building." I prayed, and when I was done babbling my little confused prayer, He spoke. Nothing I could say was appropriate. I was only to listen.
I couldn't move. The message was as clear as someone sitting next to me.
"It is not the building. It is what's in it."
Not the material, but the pure Spiritual content. It is a great place of learning.
I went there expecting to see the building, but hoping to find more. I found more than I can express.

3 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful answer to a sincere prayer! I'm glad you got to experience that. Thank-you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful Jodie - you will love the blessings of being inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that is so wonderful that you were able to hear that. it's an incredible place . . .

    ReplyDelete