Tuesday, March 6, 2007

"Our world is a little bitty tiny."


Cole says to me tonight as I am tucking him in, "Our world is a little bitty tiny." That made me think. If the Earth is just a average rock in one of many Galaxies, and we are mere grains of sand, how do we come to believe our little lives are so important? I usually don't stop to think about how much our life depends upon an enormous collaboration of natural forces.
I keep picturing us as little worker ants. We drive our cars to the laundry, to school, to the grocery, and then we do it all again.
But then I think, how fortunate are we to be called forth from out of the dust to live...to be awake...to think...to love...to remember...to dream...to be an ant?

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring thought! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when people like you make me think. Actually, it just makes you realize that our lives are that much more miraculous and that God HAS to exist. There's no way that we just got lucky and evolved!

    ReplyDelete