Thursday, March 29, 2007

Clothes Make the Woman?


Since my 3rd kid arrived, I have been far from what one would call a Fashion Diva. My Mother said as she looked in my closet a few months ago, "That is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen."
With that comment, I decided to start getting myself together. It started slowly, but as of late, the shopping has gotten a little out of control.
I know this sounds trite to some, but it is so easy to get into the mall and loose your mind! "Must have everything!"
I like to look pulled together and quality does matter, but my heart doesn't need to be set "upon riches and upon the vain things of the world (Alma 4:8)." I had been thinking about that Coach purse more than my Heavenly Father. Out of whack? Yep.
Don't get me wrong, I will continue to buy pretty things for myself, but they will not be extravagant.

"For they beheld with great sorrow that the people of the church began to wax proud, because of their exceeding riches, and their fine silks, and their fine-twined linen...; and in all these things were they lifted up in the pride of their eyes, for they began to wear very costly apparel (Alma 4:6)."

1 comment:

  1. that's why i don't go to the mall. like ever. it's only a happy place while i'm there, when i leave, i feel sad. . .

    ReplyDelete