Friday, July 27, 2007

Don is Tired


Don works a lot. I mean, he hardly even sleeps. For all you medical students and professionals, what kind of hours do you (or your husbands) work? Last night he got home at 1:30am and left again today by 7am. As you all know, he works out of town 4 days a week, during which things are a little better.
Working this hard does have some incredible perks: god's own medical insurance, 4 weeks of vacation, & his hefty salary. I still wonder sometimes, is it worth it? I don't know.
If he were to come home skipping and smiling, I would say yes. But, he doesn't. He comes home tired, grumpy and struggling to tune in to anything.
By the time end if the weekend rolls around he is feeling better, but then, it is time for him to leave again.
I wish there were something I could do to help him. I hate to see him so drained.
Any ideas?


FYI...I am done complaining about Don's job.
We are fortunate he has a good job.

4 comments:

  1. That's really tough! I complain about Jaime's job alot cause he works 6 days a week most weeks, from 8am - 7pm, but I don't think it compares to Don's.

    It's a constant juggles act; if it weren't one thing it'd be another. We think we're on the verge of some major changes though. J's been in the car business for 20 years and he's decided to make a switch so that he can spend more time with the family. But that means I'll have to step back in to the corporate world myself, which means less time for me with them. Only time will tell... Hopefully it will turn out to be the right thing... Big change scares me but I can tell Jaime needs a break, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to think of something that would be helpful and all that I could come up with is to volunteer to take some of that hefty salary off of his shoulders so that he doesn't have too much to carry. ;)

    Hopefully this is only for a short time where he can get to a place where everyone is comfortable! It can be tought, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope too that this is only for a short time until Don can get better hours...KC's in graduate school and he works 7 days a week, all holidays, and very little vacation. But this is graduate school and we know it's suppose to be grueling. What gets us through it is knowing it won't always be this bad. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i say, just be there for him, tell him how much you appreciate what he goes through for you, and give him lots of kisses. boys like kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete