Friday, January 19, 2007

Perspective and Patience



"Our patience will achieve more than our force."
Edmund Burke

I have been thinking about why I haven't been "myself" lately. After a long conversation with my BF, Nicole, and one short conversation with my Mother, I have come to the conclusion that I am still learning patience. All things in time, not, all things right now or only this one thing forever.
Nicole pointed out my need to be an interesting person. I’d never thought of that. I have always been an over-achiever. Why? I work really hard because I want to attract others with that same quality. I like being around over-achievers. I learn from them, I admire their drive and passion, and they excite and inspire me.
I have been uncomfortable these past years as a “home-maker” because I felt staying home labeled me as “boring and average.” So, I rushed around trying to do and be everything. I was overwhelmed and not doing anything well.
To this, Nicole told me there would be plenty of time for professional adventures after the babies are more independent. In fact, I will have more years building a career than I will have with my kids. I just need to be patient and enjoy this short season at home. (I know that sounds cliché, but I get it now.)
My new view on life…
How fortunate am I that I don’t have to struggle and juggle a career and family! I never thought of myself as lucky before today. I thought I was totally giving up one part of my life for another. Nope. I am just focusing my efforts and making whatever I do fabulous! I shouldn't be stressed. I should be happy and thankful.
This season, my life is going to be a love fest. I am going to show my family and friends how much I love and appreciate them, I am going make sure my kids have the best childhood I can give them, and I am going to enjoy being married to an amazing over-achiever!
I am finally joyful and comfortable in my skin.



The moral or the story is that life changes. One can fight it or learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment