Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Favorite Movie


There are several reasons I love Breakfast at Tiffany's. I like that "Fred," played by George Peppard, looks like my husband. In fact, they have a lot of the same mannerisms, but not morals! I guess that is why this movie is so fun. It is racy, but not. It addresses some pretty scandalous situations with grace...if that is possible.
Audrey Hepburn's character, Holly Golightly, is so much like me. I relate to her free spirit, her love for all those around her. She simply didn't care about stuff...she cared about enjoying life.
One more favorite character, drum roll please, Mr. Yunioshi. Mickey Rooney was so hilarious!!!
Last, how fabulous was Hepburn's wardrobe! I just love that look.
Thanks, Truman Capote!!!

"I was nothing like her, but I felt I could 'act' Holly. I knew the part would be a challenge, but I wanted it anyway. I always wonder if I risked enough on that one. I should have been a little more outrageous. But at the time, as a new mother, I was about as wild as I could be. If only I were a Method player, huh? But the fact is, I didn't really believe in The Method. I believed in good casting. And I'm still not sure about Holly and me..."
-Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment