Monday, June 11, 2007

While we were gone...


My Mother had this great idea to jot a few things down about what happened here in Houston while we were in Moscow. Here are a few highlights.

Wednesday:

"The best comment of the week "so far" has been this evening. When I closed the door to the boys' room for them to go to sleep, Cole started shouting, "I'm afraid of the dark!" Alex responded, "Forget it Cole, she's not the babysitter."

"Alex's prayers were asking God to "bring Mommy and Daddy safely home the day they come home."

"When I opened the Randi's door this morning, before she saw me she said, "Daddy!" I think she was a little disappointed for a moment."

Thursday:

"About 10:30am the phone rang and the caller ID showed YMCA (Cole was at soccer camp). My heart skipped a beat. When I answered the guy on the other end asked if I was Cole Haney's Grandmother. All I could say was, "Uh-Oh." I guess he sensed my fear and he quickly responded, "He's OK." Cole had run through the sprinklers and was soaking wet. Of course, when I brought dry clothes, he was ready to leave with me. That was OK by me. I was so glad there was no REAL problem."

Saturday:

Sarah writes, "COLE POOPED. :) I told him he had to go potty before he could go to the birthday party. He sat down and went "poop." Then he looked at me and said, "I guess I'm growing up now because I know everyone has to go poop." I thought it was cute."

3 comments:

  1. Jodie,

    Just wanted to add a note that I couldn't help but notice on the first day at your house how much you had done to prepare me and the kids for a week without you. Everything was spotless and in order, the pantry and refrig was stocked with stuff you will continue to eat on for the next month, all the clothes were cleaned and put away. Whew, I'm just tired thinking about all that work. Then, I saw you spend all morning the day you left running errands for me and the kids, and then about 10 minutes packing your own bag (one carry-on) for a week long trip. You are one of the most giving people I know. The best gift you could give me right now is to do something wonderful for yourself.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie
    I love the great comment by Alex. You know we all think they are just little boy's who are learning how to be grown ups. But they learn how to work grown ups really fast!

    ReplyDelete