Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Time to Myself


Today I had a sitter all day (8:30am to 3pm). I was convinced by a very wise friend to give myself a break. At first, I didn't want to spend the money. Why should I pay someone to keep my kids? I am perfectly capable.
I now know why. I feel like a new person. I went to the Natural Science Museum alone! It struck me as I was heading back to the car that no one was screaming, no one needed a snack, and no one had to pee. It was great!
In the car, I called my friends and chatted without interruption. After that, I had a girly lunch with Paula...great food and even better company.
When I got home, my kids and I played in the leaves outside and went to gymnastics.
To all those Moms who think they can do everything for everyone all the time...you probably can...but just because you can doesn't mean you should.
I learned that I need to time to think, to be with friends, and to remember what makes me, well, me.
As for not wanting to spend the money, it was worth every penny!

2 comments:

  1. That is very convincing logic. I am happy that you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I'll have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete