Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Maw Maw Zou


In my eyes Maw Maw Zou is not mortal...she is a permanent fixture. She has been there from my beginning, and she should be there to comfort me when I am 90 and in a nursing home...right? That is what she does. She cares for people.
Maw Maw Zou and I are two peas in a pod. I really think God just made Maw Maw again, then, named her Jodie. We look alike, except I didn't get her great cheekbones. We also act a like. It is really kind of neat to myself in her.
I wonder if she were in her 30s during 2007, would we be friends? I bet we would. The only big difference between us is time.
What I most admire about her is that she is a "go getter." I have never seen someone as motivated to be the driver in her own life. She focuses on making her life what she wants, and does it how she wants. She doesn't let anything get in her way. Maw Maw is strategic, innovative and ever hopeful.
What I love most about her is her generosity. She truly tries her best to help anyone in need. Her generosity shows me who she really is inside. No matter how tough she tries to be on the outside.
Mom says Maw Maw is getting tired. She says her friends are passing on, her husband is gone, and her body has multiple ailments.
I say, “Maw Maw, you are not allowed to be tired! I still need you.”

1 comment: