Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Something Good?

I want something good to happen. My Mother always told me the best things come right after the of bad things...you know, the dark before the dawn. It seems as though things, roadblocks if you will, keep stacking up in front of me. I am starting to get tired!


In "The Screwtape Letters," A budding demon writes his Uncle Wormwood about a man who is doing all the right things when faced with adversity. Wormword's nephew just can't seem to get the man to fall away from "the enemy," God. Wormword encourages his Nephew to keep pressuring the man.
"...Whatever he says, let his inner resolution be not to bear whatever comes to him, but to bear it 'for a reasonable period' - and let the reasonable period be shorter than the trail is likely to last. It need not be much shorter; in attacks on patience, chastity, and fortitude, the fun is to make the man yield just when (had he but known it) relief was almost in sight."
Endure to the end...

7 comments:

  1. I'm just reading that book right now. It's so great. Thanks for the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need to read that. hang in there, jodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, a great thing to hear. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read that yet, but it's on my list. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know everything can be tiring, sometimes I feel like I live my life tired, but when you do what you know is right, there is a peace that is inside that cannot be taken away - that is the good!
    Jodie you are something good for me. I really appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I think sometimes we need to here things like this. Thank you for making my day a little bit better by bringing me a little bit of hope.

    ReplyDelete