Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year


With this new year beginning, I am filled with gratitude for the past year. I am so thankful for the time I have had with my children, the partnership between my Husband and I, the health of our family, the stability of our financial situation and the love of our friends.
Humbling, really.
Excitement fills my heart when I look to the year ahead. We will be finding our way in many different aspects of our journey and the opportunities look grand! Don will be looking into a career which will allow him to be home more, Cole will be starting Kindergarten, Alex will be learning to read, Randi will be learning to ride a bike and I will be tackling my New Year's resolutions.

AND HERE THEY ARE...

1) Early to bed, early to rise.
I am going to try to have lights out around here by 9pm. 8-9pm will be my personal time to read and get snuggled in the bed.
Getting to sleep early will help me to get up earlier and work-out, have quiet time, get dressed and be ON TIME for pre-school drop off.

2) One personal activity a day.
I have quite the laundry list of things I want to do, but reality is that I can't get to them all right now. SO, a little every day may get the job done. I would like to paint pretty pictures, organize my home, take leisure classes, sew, make a book of my favorite recipes, and learn the piano.

3) Stop biting and picking at my finger nails.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to do #3 myself - I want pretty hands so much but can't kick the habit!

    ReplyDelete