Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Keepsakes


I don't keep much as far as material goods are concerned. Don and I both love "the experience" or the kind word much more than memorabilia. (Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a nice purse or jewlery. I just don't attach much sentamental value to them.)
So, that having been said, I have just now (at 32) started keeping letters that people write to me. They are my most valued treasure. The sentaments of one's heart are invaluable. They are little gifts of love.
I so wish I had been keeping these letters for the first third of my life...what a shame. I knew they were special everytime I received one, but I just didn't know what to do with them. Now that my age is catching up with me, I know I should protect these letters, these kind words, these little gifts of love, and enjoy them for my years to come.

2 comments:

  1. these little letters are my most valuable treasures. Unfortunately I tend to keep EV.RY.THING. It's time to get rid of the bandanna I wore every year to girls camp I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a box of letters that I have kept since a little girl. It really is amazing to read them again and to look back on life. I have such a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete