Monday, March 7, 2011

Sydney


So, we have a teenager. Bet you didn't know that. She is on loan to us from her lovely family in Orange County, CA. We call her our exchange student from a foreign land called California. She is, however, becoming more Southern everyday. Pretty soon she'll be embracing big hair, boots and rodeos!
Sydney came to us at the beginning of the school year. She dances with the Houston Ballet, and needed a place to live because, rightly so, her mother didn't want her 17 year old in an apartment on her own. Our Bishop sent out a note to the Ward asking if anyone had a room in which she could stay throughout the school year. As much as Randi loves ballet, I couldn't turn down the opportunity without at least talking with her parents. Long story short, within 2 weeks, we had a teenager!
We couldn't be more happy she came to stay with us. Syd has become a part of the family. She is funny, smart, daring, kind, thoughtful and spontaneous. Really, how the heck did we get along without her?
As I was tucking Randi into bed one night, I told her she was my only little princess. Randi responded, "No Mommy, Sydney is my sister now. So, we have two princesses in the house." Randi was right.
WE LOVE SYDNEY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked to see a blog post! I am glad you have Sydney what a fun opportunity!

    ReplyDelete