Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I can help!


Cole asked me to sleep with him. I told him I couldn't because I go to bed after they do and wake up before they do.
"Why, Mom?"
"Because I have work to do, like clean the kitchen, fold the laundry, dust."
Alex says, "I can help! That way you can get some more sleep. I can bathe Randi."
"O.K. That would be great!" I say.
The boys are upstairs bathing Randi. I hear a little fighting, but much more giggling. Best of all, I got the kitchen clean.
I am so happy I could cry.

Picture not taken tonight. Only Randi is in the tub now, I think. I should go check.

5 comments:

  1. That is awfully sweet - you have some good boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great. I love it when the kids want to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I had a similar helpful moment earlier this week at the grocery store. Jack wanted to help me put the groceries on the belt for checkout but since we only had a few items I was finished by the time he put his shampoo up there. He literally cried cause there weren't more things for him to help me with. It was just so simple and sweet I was overcome with emotion of how precious he was at that moment!

    ReplyDelete